Los Angeles – Transwestern Sustainability Services today announces it assisted the Kohler Signature Store by Expressions Home Gallery, a 2,822-square-foot retail space and headquarters, in earning LEED® certification under v4 of the LEED for Interior Design + Construction™ rating system. Located at 3250 Helms Ave. in Culver City, California, the Kohler Signature Store is the first U.S. location and the 11th project in the world to be certified under the LEED v4 Interior Design + Construction: Retail™ rating system by the U.S. Green Building Council.
Kohler, Expressions Home Gallery and Transwestern Sustainability Services implemented a variety of improvements, including:
· Reducing lighting power density while maintaining adequate lighting levels within the office space by installing no-mercury LED lamps and fixtures.
· Connecting 36 percent of the lighting load to daylight controls and over 95 percent to occupancy controls.
· Retrofitting base building plumbing fixtures to low-flow water closets, urinals and automatic lavatory faucets, resulting in a 36 percent decrease in potable water usage.
· Functional testing of all energy systems in the project space to ensure they were installed, calibrated and performing to the owner’s project requirements, basis of design and construction documents.
· Purchasing ENERGY STAR®-rated products for over 96 percent of equipment and appliances used in the retail and office space.
“As a proven leader in sustainability, it was no surprise that Kohler decided to pursue the more stringent certification utilizing the newest version of LEED for Commercial Interiors,” said Allan Skodowski, senior vice president and director of LEED and sustainability at Transwestern. “Kohler has once again raised the bar for the industry in obtaining the first ever LEED v4 ID+C: Retail certification in the U.S.”
Transwestern is a privately held real estate firm of collaborative entrepreneurs whodeliver a higher level of personalized service – the Transwestern Experience. Specializing in Agency Leasing, Management, Tenant Advisory, Capital Markets, Research and Sustainability services, our fully integrated global enterprise adds value for investors, owners and occupiers of all commercial property types. We leverage market insights and operational expertise from members of the Transwestern family of companies specializing in development, real estate investment management and research. Based in Houston, Transwestern has 34 U.S. offices and assists clients through more than 180 offices in 37 countries as part of a strategic alliance with BNP Paribas Real Estate. Experience Extraordinary at transwestern.com and @Transwestern. For updates from the Sustainability team, follow @TWGreenBldgs.